We are offering children and teenagers the chance to have an IMPACTFUL FUTURE in Ludesti
We are working together for an inclusive Europe! The “Impact Ludesti” project offers complex non-formal and remedial educational servicesto 200 pupils at risk of school abandonment or that have poor school performance.
About the project
“FDP-Protagonists in Education” is undertaking the “IMPACT Ludesti” project from January 2022, until December 2024, financed through the SEE Grants.
The main goal of the project is to improve the social inclusion of Roma people in the Ludesti village, Dambovita county, through integrated educational, health and employment services, empowerment, as well as support for better living conditions. Special attention is being paid to Roma children and teenagers, particularly girls. The project aims to build a strong local partnership between teachers, parents, students, public institutions and the community.
200 elementary school and middle school-aged children will take part in non-formal and remedial educational activities, while 120 young people will benefit from professional counseling services and will take part in courses that will qualify them to work in the jobs offered by employers in the area.
Furthermore, the project also offers healthcare educational services for 350 children and young people, as well as empowerment and capability building programs for 25 Roma teenagers and 15 Roma experts in the community.
Activities and sponsors
The project is financed through a grant worth €433,388, offered by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the SEE Grants as part of the Local Development Program The main goal of the project is to improve the social inclusion of Roma people in the Ludesti village, Dambovita county, through integrated educational, health and employment services, empowerment, as well as support for better living conditions.
Material created with the financial support of the SEE Grants 2014-2021. Its content (text, pictures, video) does not reflect the official position of the Program Operator, of the National Contact Point or of the Financial Mechanism Office. The information and opinions expresses are the sole responsibility of the author(s).
For official information about the SEE or Norwegian Grants, access www.eeagrants.ro
- Through the way they are carried out, the activities contribute to ways of thinking, the development of students’ talents and complement the learning process
- The students take part in activities in a welcoming and encouraging environment, being more likely to engage in the learning process
- They create a feeling of safety and confidence amongst the participants, having a positive impact on the work carried out as part of a group
- It uses and developed the student’s qualities and interests
- Portocelu primary school
- Telesti-Ludesti primary and middle school
- Scheiu de Sus primary school
- We make use of educational materials and equipment purchased through the IMPACT Ludesti Project
- We run activities that attract the students
- We use digital technology in the learning process
- We pay attention to each student and adapt the learning process for each of their levels
- Receive support from teachers in completing their homework
- Take part in learning activities through games and exploration
- Take part in one of the 10 day trips (20 children/trip)
- Will receive health and nutritional supplements
- Material support in the form of school supplies and clothes
- Setting up a playground in the yard of the Telesti school
- Athletic activities based on the experience of the “social sports school”, a program run by FDP-Protagonists in Education in partnership with the Real Madrid Foundation
- Values promoted through the sports-based activities: respect, education, health, equality, self-esteem and autonomy
- Increasing the appeal of education and school for all the students involved in the project
- Improvement of school results of the students involved in remedial activities
- Encouraging teacher to emphasize the participative and creative aspects of learning
- Developing behaviors associated to the sports values: respect, education, health, equality, self-esteem and autonomy